Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Here a pin, there a pin...

EVERYWHERE a pin cushion.  More pin cushions today.  Up first today is a little felted birdy on a traditional flower shaped cushion.  A while back I posted a felted pumpkin and the link to purchase the kit I used to create it.  I took that lesson, and some wool roving from Hobby Lobby and made this little robin.  I think it dressed up this basic pin cushion well.  Also added a few Tim Holtz vintage look safety pins an it seemed complete.  The circular pin could actually hold a gift card, place card, or any kind of greeting, but for now I like it empty.

 
Another little pin cushion that I put together using the same basic cushion pattern is this pink fleece felt piece.  This went together in a snap with two dies from Die-namics.  The rolled rose and small hearts.  A few CTMH stick pins and I was in love! (again)
 
 
Finally today I want to share a project that I did almost a year ago, but haven't gotten around to posting. It includes a little cushion, but also uses my old standard scrapbooking papers and embellishments.
 
 
I started with a plain white box with a hinged lid.  Cut paper to fit just inside the top bottom and sides.
 
 
 Added a little paper to the inside and created a little envelope with burlap paper.
 
 
The super easy square cushion fit down into the center.  A button is holding the ribbon that will tie the gift card into the box.


 
 I felt much better about giving a kind of impersonal gift card when I was able to present it in this little box. 
 
Are you on project overload?  I will try to slow things down, maybe not three projects at once next time.  I'm just so happy to be back to blogging that I can't share enough.
 
toodles,
jamie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment