Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hi everyone! 

I hope you have a little something special planned for you and your honey today.  Bodine and I exchanged gifts yesterday.  I'm not really a candy and flowers kind of girl and my boy knows it.  I was so excited to find two beading magazines and a really pretty pen in my gift bag!  Yeah!  I thought I would show you Bodine's wrapped rock (paper weight) and coordinating card and envie!
This is the decoupage rock I did for him a while back.  I started with a clear pillow box from www.clearbags.com .  I love to make my own packing papers by running printed papers through my crimper and then cutting them into strips.  Just a little added attention to detail -which I might add he doesn't notice, but that's fine with me.  He loved the rock.  Jacob even went on and on about how cool it was.  I may have to make him one for his dorm room, although the last time I was there it was such a wreck that I don't know if he would know what to do with it. :)

Here is the card I made with the same papers I used on rock. The ribbon is that crinkly seam binding - I love that stuff.  Below is a photo of the inside.  I have decided no more leaving the inside of cards blank.  It's not as hard as the outside of a card, just simple details that make a card or gift special.

And finally I stamped a little something on the outside of the envelope.  I really liked how it turned out, but wouldn't you know...my big puffy bow wouldn't fit in it!  Yikes!  I ended up using a clear envie which was kind of cool because the box I used was clear too.  Adapt, Adapt, Adapt - that's what being a preschool teacher for the last 15 years has taught me!


Enjoy your day!
jamie

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Really a nice gift for a guy who likes rocks. I should do this for Doug.

    ReplyDelete