Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SNOW DAY!

This has been the very best day ever!  Even though I was startled awake this morning at 4:00 am by the sound of sleet pounding on my house. I was warmed by the thought that school had already been canceled for the day and I could go right back to sleep.  When I finally did get up I thought to myself, "Well, this is an unexpected extra day at home...I could catch up on the laundry."  Then, when I stopped laughing I whipped out my stamping stuff and went crazy.  I had been wanting to make a valentine box with the new Sophia papers that the ups man brought last week, so that was my first order of business.  This box started out as a cardboard ribbon roll.  I pulled the top and bottom off and replaced them with a scalloped circle I cut on my "big kick".  Then I covered every inch of it with paper and embellished!  I am in love with this box.
close up of the top
box with the lid on top
I cut a smaller scalloped circle and used pop dots to attach if to the bottom of the lid.  Sorry no photo.  But it sticks out just far enough to keep the lid in place.  Just imagine if this little cutie was filled with Valentine M&Ms!

Now that brings me to another reason today has been so fabulous.  As many of you know, I follow the Weight Watchers Points program.  It has been so helpful to keep me eating right and at a weight I can live with.  But on snow days I have a no points policy.  It's nice to have a day to totally indulge on yummy treats.  It was so cold here today and I wanted something warm and sweet.  Blueberry Crisp was the answer.  By 2:00 this afternoon this was all Bodine and I had left behind.

And by 5:30 it was empty!  It was so good, but I'm glad it's gone!  The recipe is below and if I made it believe me you can too! This recipe serves 10-12.  I cut it in half for just the two of us.

4 or 5 cups of blueberries
1 Cup brown sugar
3/4 cup of flour
3/4 cup oats, uncooked
1/2 cup melted butter.

Spread washed blueberries in the bottom of a 2 quart pan (this stumped me a little, but I just used my loaf pan).  Mix dry ingredients and stir in melted butter.  Spread over berries. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  YUM!

Stay warm,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment