Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A little Valentine inspiration

Good morning everyone.  I thought I would share a little valentine card with you today.  Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays.  It give me an excuse to make tons of cards.  The card I am sharing today features red, green, and brown.  A go to color combo for me during any season.
(front)
I added a little extra dimension to the hearts on the tree with liquid glass.  I love how it makes them stand out.  Hint...When adding liquid glass to small elements like these hearts, secure the entire heart to the card with glue dots.  This will keep the paper from curling.

(inside)

The inside is pretty simple.  But I never want to leave it totally blank, a few snips of a scallop scissor, a punched heart and I have a cute and quick page to write my wishes for the recipient of the card.

I am putting together the packets for Friday nights workshop, and it's so exciting.  I am looking forward to seeing all of you.  I you aren't attending  watch for photos of all the fun this weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment