Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More Muslin!

Hello everyone!  I hope you are having a great week.  I'm back to share another sewing project with that seemingly endless supply of muslin hanging around my work room.  Today I am showing a slipcover I made for the ottoman in my bedroom. 

 (that's my lovely assistant Joe)

It is just basic box construction on the top.  I placed the muslin on the ottoman and pinned the corners.  Just simple straight sewing after that.   I was thrilled to have enough of the little fringe edge to use on the ruffle!  Simple, inexpensive and washable, yea!

This was my first slipcover and although it took me the better part of a day I was pleased with how it turned out!

Have you every sewn a slip cover?  I would love to hear about it!

toodles, j

1 comment: