Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Little Summer Stamping and Sewing

Hi!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Today I want to share a project I made in May for some of my coworkers.


It is a pretty straight forward project.  The stamping was quick and easy...1.  Stamp the Papertrey Ink Button Boutique Stamp  on white cardstock.  2.  Stamp the "Thank you" in the center of the button card image.  The stuffed felt strawberry is a magnet, so in order to attach it to the card I glued a penny to a slightly larger piece of brown cardstock.  Then centered the white stamped piece on the brown mat.


I love sewing with felt.  I think it is much easier to sew seams on the outside of a project.  This strawberry is simply two red felt hearts, embellished with "v" shaped stitches for seeds.  The hearts are sewn together with a blanket stitch and stuffed with a little cotton batting.  The green leaf and red pieces used for the berry are all cut on my Big Shot using two different size hearts from the  Classic Heart Die Set from Nestabilities.  The sweet little flower is also a die, Die-namics mini rolled roses .  It is one of my most used dies, I think the  cute little flowers are a great finishing touch to any project. 

One more quick look at the finished project.


I was so proud to give this little gift as a token of my thanks.  I hope they liked it!

What have you been stamping this summer?
I would love to hear about it!

jamie


linking up at:

UndertheTableandDreaming



No comments:

Post a Comment