Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Divide and Conquer

That is my strategy as far as organizing my jewelry this summer.  It's no secret I love jewelry, and also no surprise that I really like to keep it organized.  We recently purchased a small dresser at Kirklands (click the link to see the cute black dresser on their web site).  It is only 12" deep so I thought it would be a great place to store my ever growing collection of jewels.  I looked at several different types of organization trays for jewelry but wasn't able to find anything I was in love with...so I did what any crafty girl would do...I made my own.  I started by making three different size boxes. You can find the tutorial here.

Large, using 10" X 10" paper 
Medium using 8" X 8" paper
Small using  6" X 6" paper



Here they are in one of the drawers...

from a different angle...


I'm not sure if you can tell, but the drawers are deep enough to stack the boxes two deep.  I filled the drawer completely with boxes from one end to the other, and then assembled the top layer.

I glued six of the boxes to a piece of chip board so now what you see pictured above is one piece that sits on top of the first layer of boxes.  I made two, which allows me room to slide them from side to side or just lift out this grouping, so I can view the jewels stored in the bottom layer.

This is a picture of the small boxes, they are great for rings, pins, earrings and smaller pieces.  They fit in the drawer three deep so for the top layer I joined nine boxes.




And since you got a little shot of my assisant's behind in one of the photos, I thought I would give you a more flattering view.  He's quite dependable and works for treats.

Jack



Do you have any creative ways to use these little boxes?  I would love to hear them!

Have a great day!
jamie

1 comment:

  1. You are doing much better then I am! I did organize my bedroom this week. I laughed because I also had a helper ....he wanted to know what I was doing with his dog nest! : )

    ReplyDelete