Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Found Object + Paint + nails = Treasure!

My husband has learned over the last 22 years that I will freak out over the strangest things.  Things he thinks are scraps or trash.  So when we recently installed a new dog door, he didn't even think twice when I screamed and said, "Can I have that piece of the door?!?!"  It usually takes some serious study of the object to figure out what it will be transformed into, but with my pantry to sewing room conversion in full swing, the idea came pretty quickly.


The door was already black and I love the contrast with the taupe walls.  I am an old school kind of craft girl, so I used my computer to print out the text and carbon paper (Yes...I know it is 2013!) to transfer the image.  Painted over the transfer with white paint to get a crisp image of the text.  If you have a Cricut, you could easily cut paper or vinyl to add the wording.


Then marks were measured, nails were hammered and spools were put in place.  And yes, if you were wondering, I am in love with it!

 Have you ever saved something odd and turned it into a treasure?  I would love to hear your story.

toodles,
jamie

Linking up at...

Link party every Wednesday over at the36thavenue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment