Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Friday, July 12, 2013

A little doll

Hi all!  I am still stamping, but having a little glitch with uploading new photos to BEE.  So it seemed like a perfect time to share a sewing project from this spring.  It started out with a vintage handkerchief  picked up at a local antique mall.  Just a white hankie, with one embroidered corner.  This project was inspired by a Pintrest project that you can find on my  "For my scissors" board.  

 Basic tube construction was used, adding a little pocket on the back. The base is anchored with a large blue button.  Embroidery floss hair and a little shawl (made with the detailed corner of the handkerchief) added some personality. Additional sewing notions help balance her for standing.


The pink polka dot scissors seemed the perfect accessories for this little girl.  This was a such a fun project.  As the mother of two boys, I didn't get to braid hair in the mornings before school, so I have to admit, the hair was one of my favorite elements.

Have you been inspired by a Pintrest project?  I would love to hear about it!

Have a wonderful weekend,
jamie

Linking up at 

The Inspiration Gallery Link Party


and

2013 Shab Friday logo


Be sure to check out all of the wonderful ideas and recipes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment