Experiencing beauty in your creative life

Thursday, July 25, 2013

My new best friend

I'm not sure what her name is yet, but she is a real "doll".


This simple project started with inspiration from Tim Holtz.  His Broken Doll figures caught my attention on Etsy.  It is as if they were made to be pincushions.  The package comes with two dolls.  Which was perfect for me - one to give and one to keep.  


The golden toile that makes her skirt was a piece of a vintage little girl's jumper.  The jumper was worn in several spots and not really befitting a princess, but cut and pieced together it looks good as new.


This last photo is my favorite view of this little lady,  I wish I could pull off a bustle like that!

So, any ideas what her name is?  Help please!

Toodles,
jamie

linking up at

High-5





No comments:

Post a Comment